Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

You're invited...to God's dinner table!


   God, who gets invited to dinner at your place?
How do we get on your guest list?

“Walk straight,
    act right,
        tell the truth.

“Don’t hurt your friend,
    don’t blame your neighbor;
        despise the despicable.

“Keep your word even when it costs you,
    make an honest living,
        never take a bribe.
“You’ll never get
blacklisted
if you live like this.”

{Psalm 15:1-5}

I can think back to several times when I was not invited to something that I wanted to be a part of, then later I saw the Facebook pictures of the event or whatever it was, and got upset. Verse 1 made me laugh out loud. Who cares if I get invited to _____'s birthday party, or _____'s wedding?! There will always be room at God's dinner table.

How do you get to be on His guest list? Well, this passage clearly (very clear, it's the message) says what we need to do. 

1. Be honest, walk the straight & narrow path, act right (like Jesus). 
2. Don't hurt your friends, don't blame other people, only despise the truly despicable. 
3. Always keep your word (no matter what it costs you), make a living the fair and honest way (remember to work as if working for the Lord), and never take a bribe, because they are not right. 

Then scripture goes onto say that you will never be uninvited from God's dinner party if you continue to live in this way. (v.5)

I am definitely going to RSVP to God's dinner party. I hear He's a great host ;) 



Photobucket


No comments: