Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I choose Joy. I choose Trust.



Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10 

I am here with a praise report. I have been in one heck of a slump lately. One "bad"  thing after another has come into my life this past week, but I am done getting caught up in the bad. 
I don't know about ya'll but when multiple things just aren't going my way I just go ahead and write my day off as bad (which is absolutely terrible). So lately all these things, some big, some very small, have been piling up. And I let them take over my attitude and my spirit. I almost expect more bad stuff to happen and more things to go wrong. Someone told me today to get anxiety before it gets you. So that's exactly what I've decided to do. I can't fix all my problems but GOD SURE CAN. I have to wait on Him to do so, and while He's doing it, be anxiety and worry free. His word says multiple times that anxiety is not from Him. I'm going to start taking the things that I can't control and handing them straight over to God with confidence that He will take care of them. I have to repent of doubting for even a second that He won't take care of me, or that something won't work out. His word says that all things work together for good (Romans 8:28). And over and over and over again His word tells me that He is with me and will never leave me or forsake me. He is always going to be right here with me. How the heck am I worried about anything when the CREATOR OF THE WORLD has already told me that He's got it....

1 Thesselonians 5:16 says to be joyful always. Not just when my hair looks good and i'm feeling extra sweet, not just when someone gets saved, not just when I do well on a test, not just when I get to see someone special, BUT ALL THE TIME. 

This includes the times when my car breaks down and takes months to fix, when my friends aren't being very nice, when my sandwich isn't perfectly made, when it comes time to pay my school bill, and even when i'm overwhelmed with life. 

I choose joy. I choose to trust my God. 



Photobucket

1 comment:

Carrington {Momma Fussell} said...

Dang! So crazy that I went to the beach today on my lunch break and spent some time with God and He told me the exact same thing!! Choosing to trust and know that He's got it, even when I feel inadequate, even when it seems big, even when I feel like a situation is taking over. He's overcome the grave, and He can overcome my circumstances!